The texture of the fibres may change over time when exposed to various elements such as detergents, water or heat. We’ve specifically designed these rugs to withstand conditions as best as possible, but these fibres do naturally like to clump together. To keep your rug looking like new, we recommend carefully following the prescribed care instructions.
1. Remove the dirty Rug Cover from the Rug Pad and put it in the washing machine with the pile side facing
2. Machine-wash the Rug Cover in cold water on a delicate cycle using a mild, non-bleach based detergent.
3. Hang your Rug Cover out to dry for best results. You can also tumble-dry your rug using the delicate or air fluff setting where available. Do not apply anything more than very low heat during the washing and drying process in order to prevent damage to the fibres of your rug.
Hang drying is strongly recommended. You may tumble-dry using the delicate or air fluff setting of your dryer, if available. Do not apply anything more than very low heat during the washing and drying process to prevent damage to the fibers of your rug.
- To remove stains, you may gently work white vinegar into the affected area until the stain begins to fade. Let cover rest for three hours before washing on delicate and air-drying.
- If your vacuum has a rotating bristle attachment that is gentle enough for use on our Rug Covers, vacuuming can often help re-fluff the Plush texture after wash.