Clean the surface. Before setting up your two-piece Rug System, ensure the area you intend to lay your rug on is free of any dirt, pet hair, or other foreign debris. Cleaning the surface before setup will maximize the performance of the nonslip Rug Pad.
1. Roll up the Rug Cover with the design side (or pile side for Plush and Shaggy rugs) facing in. Once you've reached the end, fold the rolled-up Rug Cover in half and set it aside.
2. Layout the Rug Pad with the grippy, rubbery side down.
3. Unfold the rug cover with an overhang on each side. Align the Rug Cover and the Pad corners, leaving an even overhang (about one to three inches) on each side. Then, unfold the Rug Cover and align the adjacent corner. If your rug cover has pockets, do not tuck the Rug Pad into the corners of the Rug Cover. These corners were designed to weigh the rug down and ensure the Rug Cover lays flat on your floor.
4. Unroll the Rug Cover over the rest of the Pad, smoothing it down as you go.
5. To smooth out wrinkles, roll up the Rug Cover diagonally from the corner and gently unroll.