Before you begin: To maximise the performance of the non-slip Rug Pad, ensure the area you intend to lay your rug on is clean, dry, and free of any dirt or other debris.
Indoor-only rugs (Flatwoven, Plush, & Shaggy rugs): Avoid laying the rug on flooring areas with high humidity (i.e. right next to a vent).
Outdoor/Indoor* rugs (Flat-Weave/Outdoor, & Re-Jute rugs): While your rug is water-resistant, avoid letting it sit wet for prolonged periods of time.
1. Roll up the Rug Cover with the design side (or pile side for Plush and Shaggy rugs) facing in. Once you've reached the end, fold the rolled-up Rug Cover in half and set it aside.
2. Layout the Rug Pad with the grippy, rubbery side down.
3. Unfold the Rug Cover with an overhang** on each side. Align the Rug Cover and the Rug Pad corners, leaving an even overhang (about 2-5 cm) on each side. Then, unfold the Rug Cover and align the adjacent corner. If your Rug Cover has pockets, do not tuck the Rug Pad into the corners of the Rug Cover. These corners were designed to weigh the rug down and ensure the Rug Cover lays flat on your floor.
4. Unroll the Rug Cover over the rest of the Rug Pad, smoothing it down as you go.
5. To smooth out wrinkles, roll up the Rug Cover diagonally from the corner and gently unroll.
*Only our Standard Rug Pads are safe for outdoor use
**For information about the amount of overhang, please visit: Why is my Rug Pad smaller than the Rug Cover?